Sunday, May 2, 2010

We've doubled the Myers in Nauvoo











The most exciting news this week is that Ken and Jane Myers arrived in Nauvoo on Wednesday to begin their mission! We are now officially known as Elder and Sister R. Myers and Elder and Sister K. Myers. It is so fun being here with them!!! I actually got to serve in the Brigham Young home yesterday with Jane for 3 hours. (This is one of the last, or maybe even the last time I will serve in a site). Jane gave her first tour and did a great job. She had a memorable first tour. The guy and girl on her tour were very interesting. The guy (might have been a girl, we weren't sure) said he used to be an athiest but now he's a muslim. As Jane pointed out the bustle oven, the guy (who looked like he is in his early 20's) started telling Jane about how he used to make pizzas in an oven just like that when he did work for the mafia. (!) Here's part of the conversation after that...
Sister Myers: Do you still work for the mafia?
Guy: No
Girl to guy: But you still have their cat.
I don't why that struck me as hilarious but I've been chuckling about it ever since Jane told me about it after her tour. It's probably not at all funny when you just read it. Try it again, "I don't work for the mafia but I still have their cat" That's funny right?
Anyway, hurray for getting to serve a mission with family!!!!! We are so happy they're here!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha i am laughing out loud at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting pictures! So fun to see you all in costumes. :) Loved that story!

    ReplyDelete